Could your medicine cabinet use a clean out? Do you have expired medicines or medicines you no longer require? It is important that expired medicines are disposed of safely so they don’t end up polluting the environment or so that you don’t continue using them – most medicines slowly deteriorate over time which can make them less effective or harmful.
August is National Immunisation Awareness Month. This is an annual event to highlight the importance of vaccination for people of all ages!
KGP is able to provide all immunisations as recommended by the National Immunisation Program. For a copy of the schedule or to see what immunisations are available for you discuss with your Doctor,
Please make an appointment with your Doctor if you would like to discuss having the vaccination.
Meningococcal disease is a serious, often fatal illness
- Up to 10% of people with meningococcal disease die, even with rapid treatment.
- It can affect anyone, but is more common in children under 5,
Are you aware of the Australian Government’s National Cancer Screening Register?
The register is aimed at all Australian’s who are eligible for the FREE Bowel Cancer or Cervical Cancer screening program. Invitations and reminders to participate in these screening programs are linked to your Medicare record, so it’s important to ensure your Medicare details are kept up to date.
AMA Family Doctor Week highlights the role of GPs – our family doctors – and their value to the community and the health system as they deliver high-quality holistic health care.
Family Doctor Week will run from Sunday 21 July to Saturday 27 July 2019.
The theme for this year’s event is Your family doctor and you: partnering for health.
– Before your visit, write down the questions you wish to ask, including any scripts or referrals you require.
– Bring a list of medications you take now, including their doses and frequency.
– Also remember to tell your GP whether you take complementary medications, medications from other doctors or dentists, or recreational drugs.
KGP welcomes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and can provide a range of services including health checks, immunisations, chronic disease management, men’s & women’s health, health, children’s health and more. Please talk to our friendly team about eligibility of available services. call 4365 2983 to make an appointment.